Introduction

To my son and daughter,
Life is so unpredictable that I do not know how long I can be with you to guide you along in your Life. As a father, I hope I will be there to advice you when you faces the challenges in Life that we all must go through. This blog holds my philosophy in Life shaped through my on experiences. You have just started your own journey which I am sure will be a great one. I hope to leave you a little gift to help you along when I am no longer around.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Carpe diem

Carpe diem is a phrase from a Latin poem by Horace that has become an aphorism. It is popularly translated as "seize the day".

I learnt about this phrase early in my life when I was still a teenager after watching the movie, Dead Poets Society (1989 drama film starring Robin Williams and directed by Peter Weir. Set at a conservative and aristocratic boys prep school, it tells the story of an English teacher who inspires his students to change their lives of conformity through his teaching of poetry and literature).

The most memorable part was the scene where the children stood up on the tables in the classroom. It taught me to be objective and see things from different perspectives. As for Carpe diem, it became my favorable phrase ever I since I decided that I wanted to live everyday as if it is my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment